Italian-inspired bakery nights at Babylonstoren - a must do!
The Babylonstoren Bakery offers scrumptious Italian-inspired evening meals, but also supplies their shop with freshly baked bread to be enjoyed with delicious local cheeses from their Cheese Room.They grow their own wheat on the farm which is stoneground after harvest.
This flour is sold in the Farm Shop, but is also used by the farm's own bakers who, under the guidance of head baker Ernie Beck, make sure they have freshly baked bread early every morning for their restaurants and the Tasting Room. Babylonstoren has a variety of breads, including sourdough, rye, white and whole wheat.
At dinners in the Bakery, they serve their food family style – guests dish up for themselves from wooden boards placed on their table. The Italian-inspired set menu starts with an antipasti and salad offering. This is followed by wood-fired pizza straight from the oven, to be enjoyed to your heart’s content. The meal is rounded off with a delicious dolce and their famous coffee.
- The Bakery is open Wednesday and Friday evenings from 19h00 to 21h00. The set menu costs R290 per adult and R150 per child (excluding drinks).
- Booking is essential. Reservations open two months in advance and can be made between the hours of 8h00 and 17h00 on +27 (0)21 863 3852 or email@example.com.
- Priority will be given to hotel guests for bookings.
- Please enquire about options for groups. For groups of 13 to 18 guests, a 50% deposit is required to secure the booking. Should you wish to bring a larger group, we have private function venues available.
- Kindly note that all pathways on the farm are roughly surfaced and not intended for high heels.